Personal & Business Taxation
As tax advisers, our objective is to work closely with you to ensure you pay the minimum tax required by law. We will help you to understand the tax implications of your actions, in order that you can plan ahead and conduct your affairs in a tax efficient way.
Find out how Mensis can help reduce your personal and business tax.
Personal TaxSelf Assessment
We have the expertise and software to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of Self Assessment. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax positions and the planning opportunities available to you. We can complete tax returns, calculate any tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.Personal tax planning
Today, more and more emphasis is being put on taxpayers’ individual responsibilities and everyone who is subject to taxation needs professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position and ensure they meet the compliance requirements. Our team can provide you with year-round advice on all aspects of personal taxation.
Being the subject of a tax investigation by the HMRC can be a stressful and worrying experience. With the onset of personal and corporate self-assessment, HMRC staff can now review cases on a ‘sample basis’; consequently, tax investigations have become more frequent. We have experience in dealing with HMRC investigations, whether they are enquiries into an individual’s Tax Return under the Self Assessment regime, more detailed enquiries or employer-related investigations into PAYE and P11d compliance. If you are about to be the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support.
Business Tax for Sole Traders & Partnerships
- Determine the most tax effective structure for your business
- Ensure that you take full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieve the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reduce tax on disposals and maximise relief on acquisitions
- Make the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meet the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment
- Act on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities